Dear mama, are you contemplating on breastfeeding but not sure if you can do it? Are you nervous about this whole process? I know it can be scary especially if it’s your first time!
However, don’t let your fears stop you from doing something so wonderfully amazing!
God has given women the privilege to nourish children and breast milk is the best food for infants. Did you know that even the most expensive formula doesn’t stand close to breast milk?!
God always creates the best and no man-made inventions can compare with it!
Breast milk has so many benefits for the baby!
First and foremost, it provides all the proper nutrients for growth and development and supports baby’s immunity. It’s a unique nutritional source that is easy to digest and provides the perfect balance of protein, fat, carbohydrates and nutrients.
Breastfeeding has many benefits not only for the baby but for the mother as well!
Benefits of Breastfeeding (for babies):
- Supports immune system
- Breastmilk is loaded with antibodies that help the baby fight off viruses and bacteria
- Lower rates of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS)
- Allergies (exclusively breastfed for at least 3-4 months is linked with 27-42% reduced asthma and eczema.)
- Breastfeeding promotes healthy weight gain and helps prevent childhood obesity.
5 Reasons Why I decided to try breastfeeding:
- With twins, I had a higher chance of delivering prematurely and the best food for premies is breastmilk as it is easy to digest and is full of so many nutrients.
- I also knew that formula is expensive and having two babies I was terrified of how will we afford everything!
- Breast milk acts as a medicine and I wanted to have this security blanket.
- I heard that breastfeeding is less time consuming as there is no need to make bottles and this made me even more interested in breastfeeding.
- Apart from everything else, I simply wanted to experience all of the aspects of motherhood!
Never have I once regretted breastfeeding my twins instead I praise God every day for giving me bountiful milk supply and ability to feed my babies!
Therefore, I urge all mothers to give breastfeeding a try! I’m not going to sugar coat it, it’s a tough journey but it is a rewarding one.
You will be providing the best food for your babies and essentially for free!
However, that being said, don’t stress about it! if you are losing sleep over it than it’s not worth it. You have to do what is right for you and your family.
I know that before I had my twins, I made a decision that if I felt stressed out by breastfeeding, I would be okay with turning to formula.
You see, the last thing I wanted was to lose valuable sleep over something that can be solved. Nonetheless, I still wanted to give breastfeeding a try and I am so glad I did!
Read my post on 5 Tips for How to Succeed Breastfeeding Twins.